Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Crawfishman

Today Jeff had his first triathalon on his new bike. (1000m swim/ 20 mile bike/ 4mile run). We woke up at 5am (GAG!) and headed out to Covington. Deagan was so pissed off at us, he puked all over himself three times before we even got there! He just go so worked up about being in a dark car and being ripped out of bed that he couldn't handle himself....poor guy! Olivia on the other hand was just ecstatic. She was a champion the whole time!

We got there and dropped Jeff off at the check-in and the kids and I hung out in the van for awhile until the race started. Olivia and I decided to make her a number for her shirt so she could be "just like daddy." So we found a marker and some paper and made one (see picture below). Anyway, I said, what do you want to write, and she said GO DADDY. So I started writing and she said, "mommy, first write a 'G' and then make an 'O' for go." I couldn't believe she was spelling to me. Yeah it's a two letter word, not too hard, but WOW!!!! So then I asked her how we should spell DADDY. And she said, "first a 'D' for dad, and then an 'eeeeee' for dad-eee." It was so cute. She's starting to make connections and sound things out!!!!!!

Anyway, despite mild rain showers, Jeff did a great job. Considering he really only trained a week solid for this one (we were on vacation and had family down). He kept right up and got a sweet time! He wasn't out to win, it was more of a learning experience on an easy course to help him in the future. We were so proud. Olivia was running, jumping, yelling, clapping and overall getting crazy over the whole thing. And I'll admit it was exciting to watch! And the sweetest thing was at the end when he crossed the finish line, she ran right over to give him a hug. I told her he'd be sweaty and stinky, and she said, "I don't care mom, he's MY daddy and I want to hug him." So she ran screaming "daddy daddy, I love you daddy!" It melted hearts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! BEST PRIZE OF THE LOT! I'M SURE MANY WERE JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO RIBBON OR TROPHY IN THE WORLD CAN TOP THE LOVE OF YOUR LITTLE GIRL! OR BOY, OR WIFE!!!!!!!!! HA HA

LOVE YOU! AND CONGRATS!
GIGI AND PAPA RON

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff!! And no suprise that miss Olivia is showing what a smarty she is. -Allie, Brian, and lil'Jeff

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bro!