
Friday night Lindsey and I went to the Dixie Chicks concert. It was AWESOME! We had a great time. (except for the 350lb man that sat next to me and shook his sweat all over me and my drink! ewe!). The kids were with the grandparents and we were just a couple of chicks having a good time. It was the very first concert of their tour. Yes, I know they are controversial, that is if you didn't like them before. If you did like them "pre-bush" statement, then you still like them. If you didn't, well than you don't. But me, I LOVE THEM. I think they are right to speak their minds. Heck, if Bush was from Michigan, you know I'd be spouting about him. I don't blame them. And I think they got screwed and made example of in a terrible way. You live in a country where they tell you that you have freedom of speech, yet when you use it, you get chastised. It's sad. But the good thing is that they came back with a bag, and are doing fantastic! Their new album is out and well worth the wait. The amount of passion that you could feel from them was amazing. I only wish that I could stand up there and belt out at the top of my lungs something that I believed so deeply about, something that I wrote myself and sing with so much heart that it gives your fans goosebumps!...if only I had an outlet like that. It has to feel so freeing! Anyway, we had a great time and didn't run out of gas, but almost;)



2 comments:
I'm surprised you both weren't recruited!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE, GIGI
I'm so jealous! I've seen them twice and their shows are so incredible! Can you believe they have 7 kids between the 3 of them and they all look sickly amazing;)
Post a Comment