Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's all coming together

Yesterday I changed my first toilet flapper...if you don't know what that is, God Bless You! I wish I didn't!!!!!!!
I've been busting my a$$ around here trying to get this place ready to go on the market, and it's all starting to pay off. I met with the realtor today. We signed papers, took pictures and did measurements. It's official, the house goes on the market TOMORROW! WOAH!
I knew it was real and it all started to sink in when I cleared off the outside of the fridge. It's so de-personalized and cold. Perfect for a showing. Nice and crisp. I'm still not ready to give this place up. I've hated it just as much as I've loved it, but it was ours.
The best part of it all, since the hurricane the value of homes in Slidell has risen over 40%. Yup, you read that right...we will be getting 40% more for our house this summer than if we sold it last summer. It's unbelievable.
Well wish us luck. And I'm sure I'll have some sappy comments tomorrow about the for sale sign in our yard!

2 comments:

Madelyn said...

Just want to say... my pity party has officially begun.

Anonymous said...

Well - as you've already heard from us - HALLELUIAH! You've done good - YOU ARE WOMAN, AN WE HEAR YOU ROAR!!!!!!!!!

You've accomplished so much in a short time! WE APPLAUD YOU HONEY!

LOVE, GIGI AND PAPA RON