Saturday, March 04, 2006

Poor Wittle Wizard

Another joy of being a military wife that lives in the south- LIZARDS in your house!
Perhaps when we installed the doggy door out back we forgot about our curious cat. One severe downfall is that we cannot keep her from going out, nor can we keep her from bringing things in!
This afternoon, I was getting Olivia ready for her nap and I turned the corner to the hallway just in time to see Marley coming at me with something in her mouth. (never a good sign, she's a cat- it'll never be dead, always alive as her pet). Low and behold there were two tiny feet and one long tail dangling out of her mouth!!!!! EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! She freaks, drops it and it runs down the hallway and under the couch. I swear Olivia jumped up to the ceiling fan and held on for dear life. So here I am panicking once again (lets all fondly remember the tarantula story) thinking what the hell am I going to do now. And a few obscenities. So I run to the kitchen, grab a ziploc container to trap it with and a pair of tongs for good measure- since I know damn well I'm not touching it. I pull the couch out and he's just sitting there staring at me, shaking. I throw the box over him, use a magazine to shuffle it under the box and carry him to the door. Then I throw it ALL out the door. (and the neighbor guy was standing on his lawn watching the whole thing, laughing at me wondering what the hell I was doing!)
So we were safe. Olivia stood at the door watching this poor battered and beaten lizard who wouldn't move, or couldn't move I wasn't sure. And she kept saying, "Poor wittle wizard, he wost his mommy....I think he should go to his grandma's so he feels better, Poor wittle guy!" And he sat there for about 20 minutes before he moved. So we sat there for 20 mins watching him not move.
Great fun at the Carter family house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing Trish - you have to remember the snakes in the bag. You, Nick, Tim and Joe were all really good at that. Or the time you kids filled my bathtub with snakes. A little lizard isn't anything.

Anonymous said...

OH LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did good tho!!!!!!!!! I'm trying to imagine all your adventures - they are unreal! And you are such a good storyteller!!!!! ha ha

NO SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the end!

love you,
GiGi