First, let me start off by saying holy cow I can't believe that our boy is already a half year old! It goes so fast. And our lives have been in a tailspin since his birth, I still don't feel grounded. Things have been all over the place and I just plain lost track of time! I still don't even feel settled in our house yet! And my mind is always a few steps ahead thinking of when we might move again, so I consciously don't let myself get settled...and that's terrible! I think out of all of us, Olivia is the one who feels most grounded. She has her school, her classes, and her best friend back. Not to mention plans of grandparents coming down, so she feels pretty good about her life. If only we could get her daddy home faster! I'm very thankful that she is so young and she isn't too affected by anything. And Deagan, well he doesn't know any different! He thinks life revolves around long car trips and getting poked and prodded by the doctor all the time!
On a totally positive note, he had his six month check-up today. He's finally getting back on the growth charts and into normal percentages. He's still 20# 2 oz, but that might be due to his week long hunger strike last week...I think due to teething, but he just plain wouldn't eat. He might have been trying to lose a little weight or something..HAHAHA! Anyway, so he's 90th % for weight.
sidebar- For you non-baby folk, 90th percentile means that out of 100% of the babies his age, only 10% weigh more than him.
And he's a shorty too. He's only 26 1/2 in tall and in the 50%. So I guess he's right on target for height- he just likes to grow out right now, not up.
The funny thing is that he is in the 148th percentile for head circumference. WOAH! He skyrocket off the charts, yet again. Silly little man, but he's so gosh darn cute with that huge man head:)
The best news of all is that his month and a half long double ear infection has FINALLY come to an end! He took his last three week treatment and it did the trick:) I was so happy to hear that we didn't have to mess with that again!
Now if we could only get his reflux to go away and teething to pass so that we (I) can get a full night's sleep...PLeeeease!
:)
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
CAN'T BELIEVE 6 MOS! LORDY! THE LITTLE GUY HAS BEEN THROUGH ALOT IN 6 MONTHS, AND FORTUNATELY WILL NOT REMEMBER SOME OF IT.
ALOT OF GOOD STUFF THO! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM! YEA!
LOVE, GIGI
Post a Comment