We came home from the hospital yesterday evening. It took over three hours to get discharged after Deagan's final test. We settled right in and he thankfully loved his new bassinet. (sorry grandpa, it's not your cradle!). We unpacked for the longest time. All of the nurses from the hospital were so kind and so giving. Everyone wanted to help in some way. You'd swear the nurses threw me a baby shower or something! Each day my nurse for the day would show up with a gift for the baby. They were wonderful, better than anything we might have found in Slidell!!!!!!! I guess some things happen for a reason;)
Linda and Dean have been SOOOO great to us. They took their den/game room and made it into a little suite for us. We have a bed, couch, two sitting chairs, TV/DVD, and a whole corner for Deagan. They set it up so nice for us, I just wanted to cry. We've really been taken care of here and I just can't imagine all those people out there who have it so much worse than we do! We are really blessed!
Today was our last day with our parents here:( It was so comforting to have them all here for the birth this time. And then having a place for them to come visit us after made it feel a little more like home. They really spoiled us too! We wouldn't be anywhere in this world without our family! When all is lost (or dangled in your face), you realize what is important to you. And even though we thought we lost everything, we were happy with what we had....each other. Great friends and family!
Well Deagan and Olivia are doing great. She's so busy with Laney and Maddy that she hardly notices us, which is good right now when we have to focus on a new baby. Angie has been so helpful with watching olivia. I know she's exhausted too having to chase after the girls...but in a few weeks I'll be right back in the action:)
I'll try and figure out this computer soon to post pictures, I know it's driving you all crazy! We are so exhausted right now that making time for this computer is very hard....please forgive me!
Thanks for all the LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!!!
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment