Monday, March 24, 2008

Blue Jean Momma

Well the kids are sleeping, napping actually. I secretly wish I was napping, but I've been successful in giving it up. I finally realized that it makes me more tired and lazy. So maybe just a few times a month. Plus, now that the studio is in the house, I do feel guilty. There is always so much to do. If only I could get the urge up to exercise. I've been off the wagon for ten (gasp and awe) months now. Busy, yes. Lazy, definitely. Motivated, somewhat on the inside- it just hasn't worked it's way out yet. But Jeff has jumped full force back into dieting and massive amounts of exercise. The dieting part I have no problem with. It's easy for me. I think I know what my problem is, it's so freaking cold outside. I hate, wait let me capitalize that, HATE running on the treadmill. So I guess my excuse is I'm waiting for the weather to change so that I can get outside again. It's coming.

On a plus side, and actually the whole reason for this post- this weekend while shopping with my mom and the kids- I grabbed a new pair of jeans, did NOT try them on, got them home and they fit perfect. It's like a dream, no messing with the agonizing fitting room debacle, just grab it off the rack, swipe the card and pray I don't have to drag the kids out of their carseats on yet another cold day to return it! Now in a few months when my workouts do resume and I must try clothes on because the ones in the closet are too lose, well then I will gladly go through the fitting room craziness to scream and yell in a hooray type fashion at purchasing a pair that is a size (or two) smaller.

1 comment:

JayandKay said...

Ha! Gotta love the Blue Jeans! It's great to get them off the rack isn't it! I know I hate the treadmill too. Have trotted outside on a couple of mild days. I mean trot...I go soooo slow dogs don't even chase me as I'm boring! HA! Hope everyone is feeling good! Love You....

Jeanne, Kevin and Tara