Thursday, March 15, 2007

Crazy Tricia

Some of you may know, some of you may not...but when Jeff is around I turn into a crazy sleeper. We used to contribute it to the hormones after having kids, but that doesn't quite work anymore. I must fall into a deeper sleep than when he's not there....or something. Because it doesn't happen when he's not home. So last night I had another "episode" that was so hillarious, I thought I'd share in hopes of highlighting your day with a laugh.
So it was about three o'clock in the morning when Deagan decided to run off the end of the dock and jump into the water. Silly Deagan didn't remember that he doesn't know how to swim. So his silly mommy had to jump in after him! So pour Jeff hears this THUD and wakes up in a panic. Poor Tricia hears the same Thud and wakes up in a painful panic. Jeff peers down. I glare up. Only to realize that here I am looking like an idiot having just propelled myself from our bed onto the floor, or into the water if you so chose, completely out of it. He helps me up and back into bed. Jeff falls asleep fast. I however, do not. For I have a massive pain in my thigh from pulling a muscle jumping into the water/ off of the bed to save our son.
Commical yes. Stupid maybe. Hillarious definetly.
The best part was this morning when I was in the car driving to school and Jeff was in the van driving the kids to school when we were on our cell phones discussing the events of the moonlight. In between tearful laughter, Jeff's response was, "Did you think you would really be able to see him making a splash that big?"
Go ahead, laugh your ass off, because I still am and obviously wasn't embarassed too much...if I posted it on the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl I am laughing with you only because I am a sleep walker and sleep talker. I do it most after I have been under a lot of stress. I have plenty of similar stories.

I hope your leg feels better.

Lindsey said...

You are very funny TM! I was laughing so hard that it hurt. Jeff seems to be quite a comedian as well... :)