I just got off the phone with my husband, after talking for an hour. And it's so refreshing. I know it's very hard for most of you to understand how being so far apart can sometimes enhance a relationship. Yes, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but absence also makes the heart grow stronger! Jeff and I have an amazing love, one that can cross any border. I don't know anyone who has been through what we've been through, what we are going through. You may think you understand, but chances are you don't, not at least fully. And I don't really expect you to...
We've come to realize how much most people take for granted. From the simple things like morning coffee, to eating dinner together around a table. Some couples naturally fall into routines and forget about what really counts, each other. I've seen so many couples take dives because they were so tied up with everything and everyone else that they forgot about each other.
Well with Jeff across the world, we have nothing but each other and a whole lot of dreams. I've never met anyone who understood me so completely and so deeply than Jeff. Having the luxury of phone conversation we are able to devote solid one on one time only to each other. Hours a day. Yes, this may seem strange to you, given where he is, but they've got it good (if you can really call anything there good).
We were so thoroughly spoiled living in Louisiana. We had each other and only each other. Yes, we missed the rest of our family like crazy, but we were delighted to only have ourselves to focus on. We were able to build a solid foundation that will stand the test of time.
Yes he's in the military. Yes he's gone a lot. Yes it sucks and you can't understand unless you've lived it and you were lucky enough to have one of the good guys, one that devoted his whole life to his family. So please, don't feel sorry for me. We're doing fine. We're better than ever. Because we have a huge gold pot sitting at the end of the rainbow growing each and every day....Just waiting for the day that we can watch it explode!
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You two are absolutly amazing, I dont know how you do it, you have my admiration
Post a Comment