Jeff left early this morning for a three week training trip to Knox. It's the first time he's been gone since we've all been back together. He's been gone less than 24hours and already Olivia's world is ending. I can't tell you how many times today she called out for Daddy;and how many conversations we had about him being on a trip. She milked it this morning and got an hour of cartoons out of me while Deagan was napping. Then I took them to the park and it totally backfired on me. She hit a bump and fell off her tricycle and skinned her knee....and let me tell you she's a DRAMA QUEEN when it comes to being hurt. First thing she did was yell at the top of her lungs for her Daddy. You would have thought I was trying to kidnap her or something. Me, her mother, couldn't console her. So she parked herself on a bench and said she was going to wait for her daddy to carry her to the car. I told her she'd be there for awhile, but she found no amusement with me. So I did what any military wife would do and told her to get off her butt and keep going.
So we come home and she bawls up on the couch and cries for an hour and a half about her knee and her daddy. And she wouldn't walk or put weight on her knee (seriously, the scrape was the size of a dime). So I, feeling pity for her, carried her around. Poor little thing! And I'm supposed to handle this for three weeks? It's never been this bad before. I just hope that she can come to terms with him being gone.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment