Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Update

Well after a snow day on Friday and an unexpected four day weekend for the kids, we are all exhausted.
Friday was brutally cold, -25 degree windchill with actual temps below zero. So they canceled school. Jeff takes Deagan to school in the mornings on his way to work, and we didn't even think to check and see if it was closed b/c it has been cold all week. Well there was no one there and he had to turn around and drive back home to drop Deagie off with me. Bummer!
Deagan has had a cough for about a week and Friday it sounded like it was getting raspy and was accompanied by a runny nose and slight fever, so I took him in. We didn't get to see our regular doc, but another physician in the practice, who isn't as "go get 'em" as our doc... anyway it seemed he knew that something was wrong, but couldn't pinpoint it. And given that this was going on a week for the poor kid, he deemed it a "sinus infection" (which D has never had) and sent us on our way with antibiotics. Thankful for the meds, weary of the diagnosis, hoping bronchitis wasn't in the works.
Friday afternoon I took the kids to go see "Hotel for Dogs" and they absolutely loved it! Because it was a snow day, the theater was just about sold out! Deagan started his meds that day and is now feeling great.

Saturday the kids started their swim lessons. They did fantastic! I searched high and low (as you may recall) for one they could do and do together. Well I found one, sans parents, and that was the best decision ever! You see my children have this affection for their mother, and when near her- they pretend to be stupid as to make mommy do everything for them! Seriously. It doesn't happen with Daddy, or teachers, just mommy. And 95% of the other swim classes were parent involvement in the water. Not that I don't mind going in with them, but they will cling to me and pretend they can't do any of the things the teacher asks of them.
Well this class is different. They get to compete, with themselves and each other. It's fantastic! They did more in the first 30 minute class alone than they've EVER done for me. I can't wait to see how they progress on their own:)

After the swim class Olivia and I headed over to her friends swim birthday party. Two more hours for her in the water, and amazingly having 20 other 5 year old girls splashing around her having fun gave her all of the confidence in the world:) She did great and was using a life jacket (all the rage among the girls to my surprise) to go into the deep end!!!!! Woah!

Sunday we woke up to more snow, ugh. Jeff was a dear and snow blew the driveway for my clients first thing. Then we discovered we had no yummy breakfast food and baby was craving hashbrowns... so we went out to an early breakfast. And boy was it delicious, all of us cleared our plates:) I just love breakfast!!!

Then Olivia had yet another birthday party that afternoon at an indoor inflatable bounce place. She had alot of fun, but by the end of it was exhausted:) I had a good time getting to know all of the other kindergarten moms too.

Sunday evening was full of couch potatoes, we vedged all day:) And it was fantastic!

Now Monday, being MLK day, they have it off again. We have plans this afternoon to meet up with Olivia's soccer buddy Lillia from last spring. Her mom found a gymnastics gym that has an open play time this afternoon, should be fun.
Olivia and Deagan had a sleepover in his bed last night (they ask nightly to sleepover in each other's beds, but rarely get to). Today is a prime example as to why they never get to, Deagan wakes up at 6:30 EVERYDAY and Olivia sleeps well past 8am. Well this lovely morning they were BOTH up at 6:30! So now they are forced into taking a nap before our playdate;)

Deagan is almost over the sickness he was under. And I am now full force in the middle of it. And of course because I am prego, I can hardly take anything and absolutely cannot take antibiotics, I am forced to suffer. And that I've been doing. Joy to me and sleepless nights of not being able to breathe:(

Hope you all had a great weekend and were able to stay warm in this awful cold we've been getting... well at least in the midwest!

No comments: