This morning was my day of the month to volunteer in Olivia's classroom. We were working on MLK projects. They had a blank sheet in front of them that said, "I have a dream..." And then some blank lines where they could write out what they were thinking. It was really cute to see the array of answers that these kindergartners came up with! They had just gotten done with their MLK lesson the day before and learning all about him and what he stood for. Some came up with things like:
...that everyone will be nice to each other forever.
...that my friends will always be my friends.
...that my mommy and daddy will always love me.
Then there were a few darker ones:
...that no one ever shoots another person.
...that no one hurts black people.
...that I can have black people will like me.
And then there were quite a few totally unrelated answers as far as MLK goes:
...that Ally could be my sister and live with me.
...that my mom always gives me a gogurt with lunch.
...that a shark ate my brother.
Funny, Funny stuff:) But it's always great to spend time with all of the kids!
And for the first time I actually got to stay and eat lunch with Olivia. She had never tried hot lunch, so we did it together.
I remember the mob and long lines of my lunchroom when getting hot lunch, but hers was another story!
The kindergartners eat ALL BY THEMSELVES. They have the whole lunch room to themselves! It's odd, but nice for them.
The oddest thing of all, they only get 15 minutes for lunch! FIFTEEN minutes! I could barely finish my lunch in fifteen minutes. But these little hyper spazes wolfed it down and had time to spare;)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment