Jeff went home today:(
It was a fantastic three weeks, but now it's over! We were talking tonight on his way home from the airport about just how much we did in that three weeks. We talked about all of the things we wanted to do, but never did because we were just gone all the time. We love seeing everyone and taking our own vacation (for the first time since kids!), but I think most of all this time made us miss our own time. We miss having our own house- vedging in jammies from sunrise to sunset, drinking just coffee for breakfast and lunch, cooking (well jeff cooks and I bake), decorating for the holidays, entertaining people- all of the things we did in our own house. My parents have been more than generous to us, but nothing is the same as being home in your own home!
So now our family is apart again. Jeff has two months- that's right TWO months (not even) left in the military. And trust me, they're going to take what they can from him during that two months! They've already told him to expect to leave next week for a training trip in Kentucky. He has to help train the next wave of guys leaving to go over next month. So much for job hunting...
As for me, I start school again on Tuesday. This semester I'm actually going FULL TIME. Well, technically full time. Thirteen credits. Not like the "full time" at State where I would do seventeen or more, but then I was crazy and didn't have two kids! HA! This time I'm taking my first Studio class, a B&W digital class, and digital II. I cannot wait:)
We are not sure when we'll see Jeff next, maybe end of january, maybe february, we have to figure that out.
Let's just hope the time goes fast.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am sorry hon. I hope time flies for you. How long will he be in KY? If it's a few weeks, it's only a 8 hour drive from you. I have gone there a frew times just for 3-4 days. It's totally worth it if you can swing it and much closer to you than in LA.
Post a Comment