So my parents are in town to help, and Jeff's just left from a four day tour of the inside of my house. We were able to get just about everything packed in boxes and all of the furniture wrapped up. Tomorrow we are having a little last minute garage sale to get rid of any excess stuff that I just don't feel like hauling around. Plus, maybe make some gas money or something! The closing of the house is Monday. MONDAY! Tonight is our last real night sleeping in our beds! We are getting and loading the moving van tomorrow afternoon. Then we'll just use Sunday to tie up lose ends and relax a bit before our excursion.
Yes, it will be an excursion. One HUGE moving truck, one minivan packed with whiney kids. I don't know what it is, but lately the kids want nothing to do with riding in the car for longer than 20 minutes. Olivia starts flailing like a baby and screams to get out of her seat. Deagan gets restless and pitches a fit about the silliest things. And as of now, the DVD player in the van is not working. We have an apt on Sunday to get it fixed, but we'll see how that goes. It's going to be a LONG few days going 55 on the highway with no entertainment....how did we ever get by?
So we stopped at olive garden tonight for take out after picking up my parents at the airport. The lady at the register was ringing me up and asked if this was for a special occasion. I pondered for a second and thought, sure...moving out of your first house, that's special. So I said yes. So she suggested adding their little chocolate cake that they have. --- If you know me, you know that my addiction to chocolate is extremely severe--- and once put out into the atmosphere it must be fufilled. So I agreed. A three dollar chocolate cake was indeed special occasion enough to eat it. Well she handed it over, all shrink wrapped in it's little cardboard box. After we got home and the kids were in bed and the parents were tucked into the fema trailer (yes it's still there!) I busted that sucker out!!!! I read the box- five servings. Ok, I'll just eat one little sliver. Well that one little sliver is 300 calories and 14 grams of fat!!!!! HS!!!!!!! So my justification, moving. I will for sure be burning way more than that loading that moving van tomorrow. So yes, thank you ma'am, I will have that cake- and eat it too!
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
uh...yeah...you better share.
uh...yeah...you better share.
Post a Comment