So I was unloading the kids yesterday after a trip to the park, and I took Olivia out first. Then I walked around and was taking Deagan out when she screamed "DADDY" louder than I've possibly ever heard her scream. She came running around the van screeching with this terrified tearful look. She said there was a bug and it tried to bite her. Ok yeah, big deal right?!?!
Well I walked to the door and there was an open box from our Sam's trip yesterday sitting next to it (Olivia meanwhile was still on the other side of the van crying for Daddy). I kicked the box and out wiggled a spider. So you're probably thinking awe a little spider scared the two year old....OH NO! This thing was the size of my fist!!! Hairy and hissing...ok maybe not hissing, but it might as well have!
Seriously, it's the biggest spider that I've ever seen in my live- pet store or not! It looked like someone's pet tarantula, but meaner. It had two legs (maybe tentacles) sticking up off it's head as if to inspect me (or spit venom, I'm not sure).
Anyway, I ran over and picked up Olivia and Deagan, hussled them inside. I was seriously pacing in the kitchen saying the f and s words repeatedly thinking what I was going to do next. I couldn't step on it, for I might not kill it or it would hop up and bite my leg. So I quick looked for any bug spray that I could find under the sink. Got some random ant killer and grabbed the mop out of the closet. I told Olivia to wish me luck and out I went. (she was still crying and shaking).
I sprayed the damn thing down with the ant killer- which had no effect but to piss him off more. So then I resorted to what any woman would do, I chased it while whacking it repeatedly with the mop until it fell over and curled up and died.
Good example/Bad example for Olivia I don't know, but the damn thing didn't make it into the house and didn't bite anyone so I'm happy!
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It wasn't in the van, it was on the ground outside of our side door! And it WAS a tarantula, we looked it up this morning...YUCK!!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! 'Charlotte' it wasn't! I would have been the one screaming and crying AND SHAKING!!!!!! I'm proud of you girl!
Love, GiGi
Post a Comment