Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oh Deagan...

Long Story Short-
I took Deagan in today for his four month check up and shots. Well it turns out his bronchitis hasn't gotten much better. And, his double ear infection didn't respond to the antibiotics and is worse. Poor little guy! They gave him a huge shot of strong antibiotics (in which he screamed for about half an hour) and then prescribed another oral one that is stronger than before. She set us up to have a nebulizer (breathing treatment machine) at home. They delivered it this afternoon and showed me how to use it. He gets a treatment twice a day for now, more if it's a bad day, less if he gets better. And he'll probably have wheezing and lung congestion every time he gets sick from now on. I guess if you get bronchitis before you're 1 year old, you have a tendency towards it for a very long time.
I gave him his first treatment tonight and he screamed bloody murder the whole time. They gave us a tiney tiny little mask in the shape of a purple crazy dinosaur- and I tried telling him how adorable he was, but he didn't seem to care;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry girl. Cade had that his first year and a half. At first he would cry also, so I gave it to him when he was sleeping. After the 3rd time of being sick I think he understood that it helped and he did not fight it anymore. I hope he is feeling better soon!