Well we are up in Ruston with Angie and her family. My parents joined us late this afternoon. We have seen no effects from the hurricane this far north, just less humidity and a light breeze (feels great).
We have gotten ZERO update on the town of Slidell. It was hit directly by the eyewall of the hurricane and no crews have been able to get in and out. So there is no coverage on the news. All of the phone lines, cell and land, have been knocked out. And there is no power. The only thing we've heard is a breif sentence "there wasn't a home nor a business in Slidell left untouched!" Other than that, we have no idea whatsoever.
We've been calling everyone we know, but the phones are just down!
Linda, Ryan's mom, helped to get me in touch with a local OBGYN. I have an apt to see him tomorrow at 2:30. Just to get checked out and set up a contact with a local doctor. That way, if need be we can deliver up here. Who knows when.
Right now there is alot of unknowns. Do we have a house to come home to? Is there anything left in the house? Will the baby come here? Who knows!
But we will keep you updated as we know!
Love you all and thank you for your prayers!
Monday, August 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hey girl. I am sorry.
I have a army wife friend whos parents still live there. Here is a link she gave me. The links start with Wayne in Slidell. Still praying for you!
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/
Hey Trisha - I know its been difficult getting information from Slidell - but I found this link with a bunch of (disturbing) pictures from Slidell. Looks like the HWY 11 area was hardest hit.
http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=hurricane+katrina+slidell+la&ei=UTF-8&xargs=0&pstart=1&c=images&b=1
Love to you all - and we can't wait for Baby Boy Carter!
Kelly -
me again - here's a good story focusing on Slidell
http://www.gjsentinel.com/classifieds/content/shared/news/nation/stories/08/31KATRINA_SLIDELL.html
Trish,
Good to hear you guys are alright...I was starting to panic a bit! Anyway, stay safe, I will keep you guys in my prayers!
Love,
Jason
Post a Comment