Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Olivia is officially a girl scout

Tonight we had Olivia's induction ceremony for her Girl Scout troop. They got pinned and are officially, official:)
She knows her sweet little Girl Scout Promise, and memorized the meaning of her petal for the ceremony. She did such a great job and was super proud of herself:)

We also had a reporter from the Navy Public Relations come out to cover the story about the girls donating their cookies to local soldiers. And I am happy to announce that Olivia had the most donated boxes of anyone in her troop- 39 boxes!!!!! Thank you to everyone for donated boxes, and bought cookies!

Olivia reached her goal and exceeded it by selling 200 boxes! Woah Nellie! She did awesome:)

Anyway, the reporter came and took some pictures of the girls and will be publishing the story soon. The cookies will be going with the next group of guys from Jeff's work that deploy in April. They are SUPER excited to receive them too. Out of all of the troops in the area (and there are LOTS) none of them, NONE OF THEM, donated their cookies locally. So It's a big thing for these girls. They ended up with 72 boxes:) The girls also made handmade cards for the soldiers that we will be including in the box. We will be sticking in a disposable camera that we hope the guys will use to take pictures of their group with their cookies once they get overseas. And if they have extra cookies we are going to ask them to hand them out to any children they come across. It was great for our little group of 5 and 6 year old girls:)

As most of you know, my living room as been full of cookies for the past month and a half. I was the Cookie Mom for our troop. It was a nutty, nutty job. I swear I worked every night on it! Taking orders, packaging orders, counting money, ordering stock, and inputting it all into the computer! Our troop sold a record 1353 boxes of cookies! All of which came through my living room. So tonight at the ceremony the troop presented me with flowers and an adorable patch for Olivia that says, "My Mom's the cookie mom!" It was cute.
Then to top it all off I slipped and fell down a half flight of stairs (with a baby on my hip) in front of EVERYONE, including the reporter:) Classic, just classic. I thought it was pretty hilarious, but I guess the gasps that came from every other person led me to believe it wasn't funny. But we were all ok, my ankle is a bit tender, but Tessa is unscathed. It's completely laughable now!

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

YAY, OLI!!!! Welcome to the sisterhood of Girl Scouts! Delaney and Madelyn welcome you proudly;)

YAY, COOKIE MOM!!! You rock!!! When I was leader of Delaney's Brownie troop, we gave the Cookie Mom a spa massage - it was much needed! Y'all ROCK!!! =)

p.s. Wish I had a video camera for that fall, clutzo;) Glad you and Tessa are okay!!!