Yes, we have had a crazy long road to get to where we are today. In fact it's been all over the place- we've been through more in seven years than most people do in a lifetime. But you know what? Throughout it all, through every high and every low, we've had each other and our love has never changed! It's actually grown deeper. It's amazing. Powerful all on it's own.
So today I say thank you. Thank you to everyone who has been there on this amazing journey. Thank you to my adoring husband for his unwavering support and unconditional love.
Every year I think about posting this picture. It's the ONLY picture that we have of that day. Yes, the only. And no, it's not digital, it's a print. It's scratched all over and it has weathered many a storm (hello katrina), but it's perfect. That night, on sunset cliffs, my best friend Lindsey was there to marry us. (yes, for $50 in San Diego, you can get a "marriage commisioner for a day" certificate and you can marry people for that day under oath). So Lindsey married us and took photos by the light of a flashlight. And the film camera that we were using wasn't working well. It was so dark that it couldn't focus and the flash wouldn't work. Except on this one picture... the kiss after the I do's. I'll treasure it forever!



2 comments:
TEARS!!! Sooooo sweet! Great pic too!
Very very sweet and special. Time does go very fast....hugs to you.
Jeanne, Kevin and Tara
Post a Comment