So everything is all settled with the houses. We no longer own the Michigan house and the closing is finished, with just a minor hiccup. We now own our lovely VB house and Jeff has been working hard on the weekends to get things ready. We have (amazingly) agreed on paint colors and purchased all of the paint. It is sitting in it's designated rooms waiting for the painter to slap it on the walls this week. The old owners removed ALL of the mini blinds... so we had to buy all new of those for ALL of the windows- craptasitc. Jeff installed a new garage door with a nifty little keypad for his adorable wife who constantly locks herself out. hehehe. Other than that it's ready to go.
The Michigan pre-packing event has been in full force. I'm just about to fall over and juuuuust about sick of it. But hey, it's almost over!
I'm not required by the movers to do 'much' but I'm attempting to weed things out and lighten our load a bit. But it's -not- easy. It's back breaking!!!! I've developed a nasty cold, stuffy nose and dizzy head. Not conducive to productivity. In fact all I want to do is sleep. lots of sleep. But that's the last thing I am able to do!
Adam and Brynn came over on Friday night and saved my life. They are my heros, literally. Brynn is like a super-master organizer who will kick your butt right into shape. Her and Adam completely organized my garage. Completely. They did a clean sweep in like 30 mins flat! Then they made homemade caramel apples with the kids, rolled in their favorite candies!
... then we tacked the basement. The dreaded task I had been mulling over for WEEKS. Well with their help, it really wasn't that bad. We have a basement that is half finished and half a storage room. Well the storage room was filled from top to bottom with stuff. What kind of stuff, oh well I don't know just the kind of stuff you accumulate over the years. Xmas stuff, halloween stuff, camping gear, navy gear, pictures, sleeping bags, kids clothes.... blah blah blah. Stuff. And lots of it. We weeded out the ALL OF IT and came up with 6 garbage bags and like 9 donation boxes! IN-SANE. Completely insane I tell you. But it's done. Done, done, done.
Now Paulla and Ron are here and staying with me all week. I made Ron (what I thought was a long list) and he finished it all in half day! Now I'm scrambling to find things to keep him busy. Everything that's left is my own crap to go through.
But we are getting there... slowly, sickly, and surely we will move!
The movers are coming to pack on Thursday and load the truck on Friday. Eye-yey-ya!
Then our stuff will be delivered to VB "sometime" in the next week. We won't find out the exact turn around times until this Friday when it's all loaded and the driver has his work orders.
My parents will be escorting the kids and I down there and then flying back. We're going to break the drive up into a couple of days, leaving Saturday evening after Olivia's final bday part at her friend's house.
It should be a hoot, two days in the car with six people towing a trailer! Then possibly five nights at a hotel, sounds grand:)
No, seriously, I can't wait for all of this to be done with and to be relaxing on the couch with my hubby in our new home starting our new adventure!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment