Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Month to Go!

As of yesterday, there is only ONE MONTH to go until this sweet little bundle arrives!
And boy are we ready! I've been 'nesting' like a crazy woman lately. Keeping on top of the house chores like you wouldn't imagine;) (well except for the whole scrubbing with chemicals thing, yeah, that's not on my list AT ALL). But I am keeping things orderly. I've got just about everything I need for the baby. I just ordered the "coming home" outfits last week and they should be here by the end of the week. A whole set in pink and a whole set in blue. I figure I'll return the other, you know I don't like most of the gender neutral clothing (yellow, green, blah). So I just went for it and got what I wanted. The other two both came home in these adorable babyGap outfits, so I couldn't deviate from them;)
I'm starting to feel huge. And when I say huge, I mean MASSIVE. It's cute to be 'plump' when you have a baby, but boy am I looking forward to being able to exercise again! Right now I get winded going up the stairs. Deagan and I were on a really good kick of going for a walk almost everyday. But for the first time today, I had to tell him to turn around about 1/3 of the way into it because I just felt horrible. But he was completely understanding saying, "mommy should we sit and take a rest?" He's so sweet.
Both of the kids have been amazing troopers! I try my best not to blame anything that I can't do on 'the baby' or let them see that I'm restricted and then blame it on the baby. They have been great. They can sense when I'm tired and they know when they can take advantage of me and my tiredness... but they also LOVE to help me. They'll run upstairs 2-3 times in the evening to grab things for me because they know I just can't do the stairs:) And Olivia loves to bring me my shoes and help Deagan with his shoes so that I don't have to bend down and get them!
The baby has been a welcome distraction to having Jeff gone too. It gives them something to focus on and talk about. And it also gives them a goal of sorts, because they know Daddy will get to come home the weekend before we have the baby.
I just can't wait for this summer. Having all three of them home and being able to enjoy that time together! (and I'm totally petrified at the same time because they severely outnumber me)!
I'm sure this last month will FLY by!

No comments: