Of course these things happen when Jeff is gone!
Olivia screamed bloody murder, peed her pants and ran up to the house bawling! A snake. a snake.
I ran out there to to see it but I didn't know if it was dead or alive. So I picked up this toy wagon sitting on the deck and launched it at the snake- it was dead. It didn't move! So I did what any person deathly afraid of snakes would do- found the longest, strongest pokey thing I could find to pick it up. The pooper scooper spade! We brought it out of the back yard and into the front for examination. Ewe. ewe. We must have screamed a bajillian times when it 'moved' out of fear that it was still alive. And then the kids got a little too into it and lost the whole fear aspect, when they figured out they could hold it without touching it!
Oh yeah, and it bit Stella. I found the bite marks on her leg! And she bit it right back and killed it! Ewe.
next to my foot
My brave little boy, who is the "man of the house" this week, taking care of business.
She is petrified of snakes!
He was loving it!I think it might be a "Queen Snake" judging from the pictures on the Michigan DNR website.



4 comments:
there seems to always be some critter causing excitement when Jeff is away. even though it doesn't make it any less scary, i'm glad that it was harmless. good thing Deag is such a brave boy and take over as man of the house!
Tricia, you obviously don't remember many years ago when you and a few of the "boys" collected snakes around our yard and put them in my bathtub and a certain brother had put some of them in a grocery bag to take home that evening. Your mother was none too happy at the time.
EWE EWE EWE.....Snakes are soooo creepy! YUK YUK YUK! I would have peed my pants too if I saw it! Did you bid it farewell! I hope that Stella is alright! She was watching over all of you! That's a big snake for these parts! Hope you don't have anymore excitement like that! Hugs and Love to all of you!
Jeanne :)
Good Job Degan, and a hip hip hooray for stella-Allie
Post a Comment