Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Weekend at Adam and Brynn's


This weekend Olivia and I headed over to my cousin Adam and Brynn's house over on the west side of the state. We drove in on Friday night to hang out a bit and then do a Portrait Party on Saturday. Well friday night, after I arrived at their house, I discovered we had a VERY flat tire. It felt a little wobbly, but I had no idea it was getting right down to the rim! Adam (poor cold wet Adam) tried to change it for so long in the snowy street, but we had no luck! The AAA guy came and tried too, but the spare was stuck up in there so hard it wasn't budging. We were just a street over, but the tow-truck towed us home anyway. Adam was kind enough to take my tire in the next day and have a new one put on. What bad luck! Can it STOP already?
Aside from that hiccup, we had a GREAT weekend.
Late Friday, after the fiasco, we took Olivia glow bowling. It was SO MUCH FUN. She was radiant. She loved every single second of it. She was rocking her Hannah Montana T-shirt and grooving to the music. She did really well bowling too!
Saturday, Brynn hosted a Portrait Party at her house and invited a bunch of her friends with kids. We brought our bunny Penguin and did Easter pictures with her. She was a rockstar. We did eight kids and were working solid until well after 6pm. But it all went fabulous and we got some amazing pictures out of it!
We were not planning on spending the night on Friday, but it was just too late to drive home after everyone left...so we stayed.
Today, Sunday, we loaded up and drove home. The roads were SO bad. They get a ton of lake-effect snow over there and they were getting pounded. I was going 30 mph for the first hour of driving in white out conditions. I think I lost a good eight of an inch off of my teeth from gritting them. And there were cars in the ditch everywhere. It was the worst I've driven in, well in a few years!
This afternoon Jeff's parents came down and met us for lunch. It was nice to see them, as we really hadn't since Christmas. The kids loved having them visit.
Now the weekend is done and we are exhausted. Deagan was at my parents house saturday and sick, Olivia was not feeling up to par either and now Jeff has fevers that come and go.
So, as another week starts, here we go again!
That's The Carter Family for ya!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

At least you got to meet the newest member of the Knieper brood.