Saturday, November 05, 2005

Driving in the car

Driving in the car is so much fun with a two year old, who's DVD player was broken at the time (yes, she might be spoiled, but I've got to have a little sanity).
I have a little child mirror that I have placed under my rear view mirror, so I can see Olivia and what she's doing. But I forget that she can see me and what I'm doing- specifically with my mouth, as in putting things in it!
So one day, on our four hour trip up state, I popped a piece of gum in my mouth. Well she lit right up! And then asked what it was, I told her it was gum b/c I had bad breath and needed something minty.
About fifteen minutes later, she said:
"Momma, let me see your gun!" I said what, I don't have a gun honey, competely forgetting about the guM that I was chewing. So she kept repeating herself. Finally, my dumb mommy brain got it, and she insisted on me sticking it out of my mouth every few seconds so she could see it:)
Then the next morning when I woke her up, she said, "Momma, you need some gum!" What a sweet daughter:)

No comments: