Monday, July 25, 2005

Where is my baby?

Just yesterday it seemed like I was in the hospital waiting FOREVER to see my little girl. Then she came and life was so slow. We spent days just looking at each other wondering what to do next. Being a stay at home mom allowed me to soak up every moment of her tiny little life, and to know her better than I know myself.
And now, now she's this smart little girl who can do anything she puts her mind to.
I remember when we brought her home from the hospital, we kept her in a cradle in our room because we were scared to be away from her. What if she stopped breathing?...or spontaneously rolled out of her bed? Oh my. Since then she's lowered her crib mattress four times and eventually graduated to a toddler bed. I think I was more nervous than her to sleep in it. And now, she's in a TWIN SIZE BED. My baby is no longer. She's growing up so fast.
She sings her ABCs, she counts to ten, she wakes up singing her favorite songs and she's ALMOST potty trained. That cute little sleepy quiet baby is gone. Now she runs around like a tazmanian devil repeating your every last word. Getting into everything.
Thankfully, (99% of the time), she's a complete angel and listens to everything we say. She gets shuffled from place to place and is excited about it. She's amazing! And I can't believe how lucky we are! I can't wait to see what great things she becomes, even if it means just keeping the memories of my little baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well - she may not be a baby any longer - but don't get used to it!! That little guy will be a whole new story! She's a beautiful "little girl" and you and Daddy should be very proud.

Love to you all
Kelly